JBoss Transactions Documentation Library: Basics
This page contains references to a selection of papers around the fundamentals of transaction processing.
Why do you need (distributed) transactions? An overview of the things you should consider when deciding if you need transaction management in your architecture.
What are end-to-end transactions and can JBossTS support them? An abridged version of this paper was published in the Java Developers Journal, 2001.
A framework for implementing extended transactions A paper on the OMG's Extended Transaction framework, for the High Performance Transaction Systems Workshop, 2001.
Full circle for Web services transactions? A paper on the evolution of Web Services , for the High Performance Transaction Systems Workshop, 2003.
Latest forum discussions
- Re: Whether we should hande RuntimeExceptions arising from badly behaved XAResource implementations
- Sep 17, 2014 7:08 AM by Tom Jenkinson
- As there doesn't app…
- Re: Integrate IJ Tracer and NTA tool
- Sep 16, 2014 9:41 AM by Jesper Pedersen
- You may be intereste…
- Bringing Transactional Guarantees to MongoDB: Part 1
- May 28, 2014 6:07 AM by Paul Robinson
- In this blog post I'…
- Research Worth Knowing on CAP & ACID
- May 27, 2014 3:57 PM by Mark Little
- The last couple of b…
- View more latest news
- EJ-Technologies has kindly provided free JProfiler licenses.
- JetBrains has kindly donated an open source IntelliJ license.
- Syncro Soft has kindly provided free <oXygen/> XML Editor licenses.