JBoss Transactions Documentation Library: Presentations
This page contains references to presentations that have been given over the years around various aspects of the JBoss Transaction Service (or its predecessor, the Arjuna Transaction Service).
OASIS WS-TX overview. by Mark Little, October 29th 2007, OASIS Forum, London.
Transaction Processing in a Service Oriented Architecture. by Mark Little, November 26th 2007. Key note at DOA 2007.
Integrating replication with transactions. by Mark Little, circa 1991. None of this exists in the current system, but may be of historic interest.
Describing the work done with IBM on developing an extended transaction framework in the OMG by Mark Little et al, Middleware 2001 conference.
A description of the evolution of JBossTS from academic project to commercial product. Presented at the USENIX Workshop on Industrial Experiences with Systems Software, Boston, MA, USA, 8 December 2002.
An updated evolution of JBossTS presentation. Presented at the High Performance Transaction Systems workshop, Asilomar, September 2005.
The Development of Web Transactions. Presented at the OMG workshop on Web Services, 2001.
Web Services Transactions: Past, Present and Future. Presented at the XML 2003 conference, Philadelphia, 2003.
A review of all proposed transaction specifications for Web Services. An invited talk at SIGMOD 2004 in Paris.
Activity Service Overview. Presented at a Bluestone offsite, Paris, 2000. Slide 3 requires some explanation: when the specification came up for adoption, both myself and my friend/colleague from IBM, Iain Houston, had to present it to the OMG Architecture Board; the hats were mandatory. To Iain's right is Andrew Watson, VP and Technical Director of the OMG, whom I've known since his days at the pioneering ANSA project. He had a hand in the hat construction!
Latest forum discussions
- Re: Consolidating documentation pack?
- Nov 24, 2014 6:30 AM by Tom Jenkinson
- This change has now …
- Re: Using TransactionalDriver with JBoss Modules
- Nov 21, 2014 12:32 PM by Michael Musgrove
- The PR is its initia…
- Bringing Transactional Guarantees to MongoDB: Part 1
- May 28, 2014 6:07 AM by Paul Robinson
- In this blog post I'…
- Research Worth Knowing on CAP & ACID
- May 27, 2014 3:57 PM by Mark Little
- The last couple of b…
- View more latest news
- EJ-Technologies has kindly provided free JProfiler licenses.
- JetBrains has kindly donated an open source IntelliJ license.
- Syncro Soft has kindly provided free <oXygen/> XML Editor licenses.