Transactional File I/O
The Transactional File I/O library provides an XA resource manager for file system access, allowing file operations to participate fully in transactions with databases or messaging systems.
|Easy to use API||Read or write the contents of a file using standard Java APIs (DataInput, DataOutput) with transactional behaviour, including transparent lock handling and crash recovery.|
|Enterprise integration||File manipulations can participate in transactions with other XA resource managers, such as databases or messaging systems. e.g. Read business data entries from file and update a database, then delete or update the file, with guaranteed consistency. Multiple transactions (threads) can operate on the file concurrently for additional performance.|
|Multiple JVMs for scalability||Multiple JVMs can perform transactions on the same file concurrently and a transaction can span multiple JVMs.|
|Directory Manipulations||Create, delete, rename or copy files transactionally. Ideal for installers or batch processes.|
- User Guide (version 1.0, also included in the release bundle)
Project Community Details
Latest forum discussions
- Re: Integrate IJ Tracer and NTA tool
- Sep 16, 2014 9:41 AM by Jesper Pedersen
- You may be intereste…
- Re: Whether we should hande RuntimeExceptions arising from badly behaved XAResource implementations
- Sep 16, 2014 8:05 AM by Mark Little
- Agreed. Although we …
- Bringing Transactional Guarantees to MongoDB: Part 1
- May 28, 2014 6:07 AM by Paul Robinson
- In this blog post I'…
- Research Worth Knowing on CAP & ACID
- May 27, 2014 3:57 PM by Mark Little
- The last couple of b…
- View more latest news
- EJ-Technologies has kindly provided free JProfiler licenses.
- JetBrains has kindly donated an open source IntelliJ license.
- Syncro Soft has kindly provided free <oXygen/> XML Editor licenses.